Aim of the Network
The aim of the network is to:
- Link ECOPs from EMB member organizations and help them expand their network in Europe;
- Help EMB member ECOPs engage with and gain benefits from EMB membership;
- Provide a platform that allows EMB member ECOPs to have a voice at EMB Board level and at a wider European marine science policy landscape level;
- Inform EMB member ECOPs about how the European marine science policy landscape operates.
The aim of the network is not to duplicate the activities of the many other Ocean and ECOPs initiatives that already exist in the landscape, but to link with and complement them by linking ECOPs to the networks that are most relevant for them. You can find slides presenting the Network and our activities via this link.
Join the Network
This network is open to anyone who self-identifies as an Early Career Ocean Professional, and has a demonstrable link to an EMB Member Organization (e.g. they are based at a member organization, they are based at a member of an EMB consortium member, or they are funded by an EMB member). Engagement is on a purely voluntary basis.
Excited to join us? you can fill out this form.
ECOP Network Activities
Regular activities for members
- ECOP Wednesdays monthly webinars (started in July 2022), digging deeper into the European marine science policy landscape. You can find out more about this event series and upcoming events here. Reach out to us by email if you want to present your work.
- 'Meet our ECOPs' social media format, to promote the work of EMB ECOPs and foster collaboration. If you want to be featured, you can find the registration form here.
- Promote and engage in EMB activities: the network facilitates ECOPs’ access to join EMB activities, including the working groups leading to the publication of science and policy briefs. If you want to present the EMB and the EMB ECOP Network to your fellows, you can use these slides.
Past network activities
- Informal meet and greet event, 30 March 2022
- EMB ECOP Network Forum, 8-9 October 2023 in Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Contact the EMB ECOP Network: Young Ambassadors Email
Contact the European Marine Board Secretariat: Paula Kellett Email